Swimming can be experienced at any age and the joy of developing the technique and stroke proficiency can be achieved at each swimmers’ own pace and ability.
Swimming has the power to give your muscles a makeover, transform you into a cardio king, turn back the body clock and calm you quicker than a secluded beach in the Bahamas!!!
If this is not enough to get you reaching for your swimsuit here are the top benefits of swimming to show you there is no such thing as being too cool for the pool!
- Swimming combines both mental and physical wellbeing and can provide a spiritual sense.
- Swimming is a good all-round physical activity.
- Swimming keeps the heart rate up and takes some of the impact of stress off the body
- Swimming builds endurance, muscle strength and cardiovascular fitness
- Swimming maintains a healthy weight, healthy heart and lungs
- Swimming tones muscles and builds strength
- Swimming de-stresses and relaxes the body and mind and when swimming regularly can reduce anxiety and depression
- Swimming regularly can reduce the risk of chronic illnesses such as heart disease, type 2 diabetes and stroke
- Swimming burns as many calories as running in an hour of swimming
- Swimming uses muscles in the body so whether you swim a gentle breaststroke or hammer butterfly you will get a full body workout
So no matter what your fitness level, the general benefits of swimming are yours to go out and grab and make your own. So sign up for swimming lessons to improve your enjoyment of a great sport.